Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Transfusion #3

I drove up this AM on my own, and was ever so glad to see the hospital. It is a long ride in the dark alone. Post car accident makes me afraid at times when I'm driving.

Bethany was able to help me pass the time today while we waited for the transfusion. She made the hours go quickly. I was glad to get some encouraging texts from friends.

Mercy hospital provides me with the exact same nurses every week. They already feel like old friends.

The transfusion went well. I tried to do it with no pain killer, but that didn't work out. The baby was bleeding a little afterwards, so they will check to make sure it is clotting a little later. Meanwhile lay STILL!

Dr indicated they would contine every week through January with transfusions.

I'm 31 weeks and 5 days now. Laurens fluid was gone in her belly and still some around her heart. Heart still has some thickening they would like to see gone.

Very tired today, perhaps the lack of sleep this week is catching me.


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device from U.S. Cellular

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to finally see a post! I've been checking in since about 11:30 am. Glad to hear the transfusion is over and seemingly uneventful. Hopefully, you can get a nice nap this afternoon. God knows you deserve it although the hospital is the hardest place to sleep sometimes. It seems as if someone is always coming in to check on something or poke here or there. Wishing you blessings and a peaceful nap! laura b-g

Anonymous said...

Liz and Joe and lil' Will: So glad to hear all is well for the time being. You know that you are in the best place you could be right now. They are absolutely wonderful at Mercy/DM. So with our prayers for each of you, and our hugs for each of you, rest, rest, rest. Lauren is going to be just as strong as her mommy! If you need anything, anything at all, please call us. That goes for Joe as well as Liz!!!! Love Connie and Jim

Marcia Gevock said...

Liz-So glad you shared this blog with me so I can keep posted and keep praying! Keep relying on your support system and don't walk this walk alone! Love the name Lauren Grace. Remember that God already knows Lauren ("Before you were in the womb I knew you") and loves her even more than you do, which is an amazing amount we can't even comprehend! So rest in that thought and I'll pray for peace in your heart. Love, Marcia