Tuesday, January 19, 2010

February 12 will be Lauren's birhday!

Yesterday my mom went with me to my appointment in Des Moines. It was so good to have her with me for what turned out to be a day of good news. The doctor indicated that Lauren looks great from their tests, and that no transfusion is necessary this week! I will still go back each week to check to make sure that things look good, and to assess whether or not transfusions are or are not necessary each week. They did not measure her for weight this week, so at last check she was one ounce shy of four lbs. They will measure her next week. Meanwhile, they went ahead and set a delivery date of February 12. We are excited that because she is doing well, they are going to push her to wait until 37 weeks. They will do an amniocentesis the day before to make sure that her lungs are ready. They have given me a steroid shot to help with that early lung development. I feel so relieved and so happy that the worries keep falling away. I was so blind sided by the inital bad news, that I almost feel reluctant to allow the fear to subside. But, each day, I feel more like myself and more and more excited about meeting my daughter. My mom and I picked up a couple of premie outfits for Lauren yesterday, and celebrated with a couple slices of cheese cake! A good good day.

3 comments:

RondaJo said...

I have been horrible and haven't commented in a while.

I am so glad things are looking up and Lauren seems to be doing well. I hope and pray that you continue to get good news each week.

Anonymous said...

Yum! Cheesecake sounds like a perfect celebration! A am so happy for your good news! Congratulations! laura b-g

Unknown said...

YEAHHH - I didn't realize that your mom was with you - how wonderful!

I hope that today is nothing but good news too - keep me posted - I am thinking of you guys!

Sarah