Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Feature at Walt Disney World!

I am so excited about the new internet feature that Walt Disney World put on their web site some time in the last day or so!! Anyone who has internet access (and it works nicely on my Blackberry) can access information about the park at their fingertips!! By using the website you simply click on a theme park. For example, lets say that I choose Disney's Hollywood Studios. It then asks me if I want info about attractions, characters, dining, shopping or transportation. If i click attractions it than allows me to browse the attractions based on wait time, and Fast Pass availability! If I click on characters it tells me where and when I might see Handy Manny, Mater, Mickey, Mike, Power Rangers, Sully, The Incredibles, and The Toy Story Friends!! The dining option tells me what restaurants are availble by location or cuisine. While the application might take the "hunt" out of finding some of the characters; it would also take some of the anxiety away from missing an attraction or character that is really a must for your family! For instance I really really wanted to see Sully. I checked back for him three times, and with the new feature it indicates what blocks of time you can expect him to be there! I wouldn't want to spend my whole day with my nose in my Blackberry, but it certainly provides a handy option!!!

2 comments:

Williams Family said...

Liz,
Cool App!

Hey, Free Dining has been extended through Dec. 21, and just has to be booked by Aug. 14. You can adjust your reservation, we did, and got a savings!
Jody

RichFamily said...

That is exciting! Sadly, our week is blocked out from the promotion!!! But I don't think we could possibly come out ahead. Will is not yet three on our dates Nov 6-11 but he would be 3 (and not free) if we went on November 12. if we go before our week, than the Christmas party won't have started yet. I'm not sure why our week is blacked out!! Oh well, there will be enough magic anyway!