Saturday, September 25, 2010

A new activity on a rain day...






I've been thinking every weekend for a while that we are going to head to the Pumpkin Patch, maybe in Grinnell, maybe in Donaldson, maybe in Oskaloosa, but it just hasn't been a nice day! So today at the start of yet another rainy day we decided to venture over to Bridge City Bowl. They had open bowling starting at noon, for 2.50 a game and 1.75 for shoes. The bowling alley was empty aside from us for the majority of the time that we were there. We headed over to the alley with Will's friends Lilly and Leah. He tried rolling it and using the ball stand, either way it was fun. Fallowed by lunch at Taco Bells we made the most of a rainy day. Pumpkin patch tomorrow? I sure would love to see the sun on a day OTHER than a weekday!

3 comments:

Susan Weitrich said...

I just started Anna on the kids bowling league program this year. She bowls every Saturday morning with lanes full of kids. It is very interesting. I think we my need to look into some bowling lessons. I am a terrible bowler so I have no advice. Actually she bowls better than I do!

Thelma said...

That's how the professionals start!

Angie Green said...

This one makes me laugh..., I think he is saying... this is taking too long.. the WII is faster and a lot more fun! :)