Sunday, August 1, 2010

Celebration of Life



My papa really wanted this last week to be a "celebration of life". But no matter how you slice it; it is a hard and difficult time. It is never good to say goodbye. I personally, am not good with change. I have shown my ass several times in the past seven days at times acting selfishly, at times sulking and pouting, at times irrationally angry, and always exhausted. I am tired, very tired. It is the first time that I have had to do sad without my papa. I am confident that we will move ahead and create a new normal; but for now I am just letting myself be tired. Please take a look at the video tribute shown at my papa's memorial. A labor of love my husband and I made, a tribute to a good man, a good husband, a good papa.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Liz

In times of extreme grief, we are never the person that we otherwise are. People who love you will understand this. I can not imagine how absolutely exhausted you must be both emotionally and physically. I hope you are able to take some time to find your new normal before you are back to work. Please take the time, you need it and deserve it!

Dan said...

I didn't speak with him often before he died but I sure do miss him now. The world will be a less interesting place without his wonderful mind and caring heart. Thank you for making that video tribute to his life. It made me smile. My family will always be there for your's when you need it. Love you Uncle Bill.

Ralph said...

Although Bill and I had known each other since the 1950s when we were classmates, many years of his life were not shared as the result of lost contact. But, in viewing these wonderful moments of love in this exciting intelligent man I realize what had been missed. It didn't matter if his outward expression of approval was an exuberant laugh, a quiet smile or just a nod, his innermost feelings were of happiness and love. These were truly his channels of love. Everyone who knew Dr. O'Neill is so fortunate to have experienced and shared his love. Keep smiling down on us from above, Bill.

Becky said...

That was a beautiful tribute to your papa. It is alright to be sad and tired. You have shown that when the time comes you will rise to the responsibilities given you. I hope you know there are many of us praying for you and your family.